EngiLab Beam.2D 2015 comes in two Editions: Lite and Pro. The Lite Edition is completely free, but it has limitations compared to the full Pro Edition, as described in detail below.
EngiLab Beam.2D 2015 Lite Edition
- Free of charge, available for download in the Downloads Section.
- Only for non-profit use (personal, academic or educational purposes). It may not be used for any commercial purposes.
- Analysis limitations: The Lite Edition can open, save and modify any structural Model. Its input files are exactly the same as the ones of the Pro Edition. Yet, the Lite Edition can only analyze small Models of up to 10 Nodes, 3 Materials and 3 Sections.
- No missing features: You get the real experience of the Pro Edition. All the functions of the Pro Edition are present also in the Lite Edition. No trial version banners printed anywhere, no annoying pop-ups, no hidden fees.
- Ideal for: Students and Hobbyists who need to analyze small models, or Professional Engineers who would like to test the Program before purchasing the Pro Edition.
EngiLab Beam.2D 2015 Pro Edition
- The Pro Editioon is available for purchase in the Purchase Section.
- It can be used for any purpose (personal, academic, educational or commercial use)
- No modeling limitations: The Pro Edition can analyze any structural model (Unlimited number of Nodes, Materials and Sections).
- Ideal for: Professional Engineers, Universities, Students, Researchers, Hobbyists who wish to analyze models without any limitations.
EngiLab Beam.2D 2015 Pro requires a License Key in order to operate. Upon purchase, the user automatically receives a License Key via email. The License Key is bound to the specific user via the “Registration Name” that was given by the user and it certifies that the copy of the program is original.
EngiLab Beam.2D 2015 Pro needs also an Activation Key in order to be activated and run. Normally, after the user enters the License Key, the program connects with EngiLab Servers in order to obtain an Activation Key online. The Activation Key is bound to the specific License Key and to the specific Computer that asked for it. Unlike the License Key that can be used in more than one Computers (see our Policy below), an Activation Key obtained for one Computer cannot be used to activate the program on another Computer.
One User – Two Machines per License Policy: The maximum number of allowed Activations per License Key is two (2). This means that a user having purchased EngiLab Beam.2D 2015 Pro and being given a License Key is eligible for 2 Activation Keys, for use with two different Computers. The two different Computers will have the same License Key, but different Activation Keys. As a result, a user can use the same License Key for his primary (e.g. Desktop) and secondary (e.g. Laptop) Computer and each Computer can obtain a unique Activation Key bound to it.